1. Brushing a two year old’s teeth takes a lot longer when they insist on you also brushing the teeth of their three imaginary friends.
2. I was delighted to hear our two year old son was recently “being a comedian” in creche. I like to think he’s inherited my sense of humour.
3. I recently had my hair brushed by our two year old son. Apparently he thinks that the look below is “really good”.
4. Our son has decided that he no longer likes vegetarian haggis…
5. …however, my Scottish dad pride has been restored by his love of baking shortbread biscuits (see below).
6. Our son ate several chilli and tomato oatcakes yesterday. I’m hoping this means he’s on his way to becoming a fan of curry (…a topic I’ve discussed here before).
7. Our two year old son still can’t quite pronounce the names of some local villages, especially the one whose train station is pictured below.
8. According to a colleague, the arrival of a second child is like the transition from walking a dog to owning a zoo.
9. Our son has decided he’s friends with 25 of the letters of the alphabet. He doesn’t know Y.
10. Even if a toddler looks tired and sounds tired, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re tired: “I’m not tired, it’s just a yawn”.
What have you learned about parenting recently? What do you remember about being the parent of a toddler? Please feel free to share your views on this post in the comments section below or on the ‘Dad’s The Way I Like It’ page on Facebook.
Remember that you can also subscribe to this blog by entering your e-mail address in the box on the right of the screen and also follow this blog via BlogLovin. There’s also now a Pinterest board for this blog as well, so please feel free to pin this post if you’ve enjoyed reading it.